I know if you are like me, washing your face before bed is a hassle. You are tired, it takes time, and all you want to do is go to sleep. However, there are many reasons (other than avoiding a dirty pillow) why you should clean and moisturize your skin before bed. Here are the top 5:
- Washing your face removes not only makeup, but the dirt and dust that your face accumulated throughout the day. Think about it, your face is exposed to the elements and isn’t protected by clothing. Your makeup is a magnet for dirt and dust.
- When left on too long, old makeup clogs your pores which can cause enlarged pores, acne, rashes, and skin irritations, leaving the surface of your skin rough and uneven.
- When you don’t remove eye makeup or mascara, and you rub your eyes in your sleep, you can have lash breakage due to the lashes being more brittle from the mascara. Also, eye makeup left on overnight can cause eye irritations and the ever so lovely raccoon look in the morning.
- Makeup is a moisture barrier and can dry out the skin if left on too long. It also prevents the skin from naturally exfoliating which can cause a dull appearance.
- Your skin repairs itself at night and clean skin can absorb skincare products better. Always apply your clinical products and a night moisturizer after your cleanse.
To make makeup removal easier, use a moistened makeup remover wipe. Then wash your face with a good cleanser.
Check out all of the cleansing products available on my website that work for different types of skin. Here are a few that I use:
- Solutions Maximum Moisture Day and Night Cleanser
- Makeup Remover Wipes with Mineral Complex
- Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion
Thanks for reading!